Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Paris – I love it now, I loved seeing the 1900 Version


I visited Paris in 1900 via the Second Life Virtual World.  I went up to Notre Dame. The doors were just as large and the statues of the Apostles were just as I remember. I didn’t go inside.  I went inside one of the galleries. It had pictures from the time period on the walls. That was fascinating.  I flew above the Galleries Lafayette to make sure that the Tiffany dome was there. It was.

I took a leisurely stroll around the city. I saw the Moulin Rogue Windmill and the Eiffel Tower. I walked underneath the Tower, just as I have in real life.

I saw man women walking around with their long fancy dresses and umbrellas. A few gentlemen wore top hats and very long dress coats. I saw a few photographers. Perhaps they were taking pictures to be made into post cards.

I didn’t see if I could drive any of the cars. I did see a streetcar go down the street. I made sure I didn’t walk down the tracks since I didn’t know the schedule.

It was nice to walk the streets with very few people around.

The buildings pretty much look as they do today – at least from the outside. That’s the magic of Paris. If I visit Paris in 1900 again, I would like to see if I could go down the stairs to get on the Metro.  I would visit one of the beautiful gardens. There’s so much to do and see in Paris, now and then.

The city is realistic.  The scale is a bit too close. But that’s fine. I wouldn’t to walk all the way from Notre Dame to the Eiffel Tower.

One of the nicest things on my visit was the music. It was very soothing and of course French.

No comments:

Post a Comment